Program Learning Outcomes
Campus Communications Regarding Program Learning Outcomes and Assessment Plans
- Progress in Learning Outcomes Assessment (CP/EVC Galloway and VPAA Lee, September 17, 2014)
- Call for Program Learning Outcomes Annual Report (VPAA Lee, various dates, February and March, 2014)
- Call for program learning outcomes and assessment plans (VPAA Lee, April 24, 2013)
- CEP involvement in the review of program learning outcomes (PLOs)—as part of the approved program statements, learning outcomes should be published in the UCSC general catalog (CEP, April 18, 2013)
- Institutional learning outcomes (ILOs) for undergraduates—based upon the UCSC general education requirements effective fall 2010 (CEP, February 27, 2013)
Annual Campus Assessment Symposium
The second annual sympossium on assessment of learning (November 20, 2015) featured presentations by faculty, assessment staff, and graduate students from UC Santa Cruz and UC Merced. This year's symposium brought us together with our colleagues from other UC campuses including faculty and assessment staff from Davis, Santa Barbara, San Diego, and Berkeley. Morning sessions focused on assessment in undergraduate education and afternoon sessions on graduate education. Over 60 participants attended the symposium and participated in discussions of critical issues in teaching and assessment, shared approaches and results, and envisioned future directions for our campuses.
On October 17, 2014, the campus hosted an assessment symposium. The event brought together faculty, administrators, and staff from UCSC and UC Merced, and featured presentations as well as round table discussions about assessing student learning, evidence-based improvement, and mentoring graduate students in pedagogy and assessment.